The foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa which can be obtained easily form Nepal Embassy / Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal.
Immigration offices in Nepal:
Nepal tourist visa fee and visa extension fees:
|Multiple entry||15 Days||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible foreign currency|
|Multiple entry||30 Days||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible foreign currency|
|Multiple entry||90 Days||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible foreign currency|
Tourist Visa Extension:
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible foreign currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is 2 USD per day. Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January - December).
Note- No visa fee shall be applicable to the passport holder of member states of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) for first 30 days.
1. The study visa shall be granted to the foreigners and their family who, having obtained the approval of Nepal Government, come to study, teach or conduct research in any educational institute in Nepal.
2. Except for the foreigners who visit Nepal under the award of scholarship by Nepal Government or the accepted program of Nepal Government or Students and researcher under the agreement within the two universities or students from SAARC member states or students studying up to secondary level the foreigners intending to study and conduct research at their own will shall be granted the study visa only on the basis of the authentic source, in the case of the foreigner, to make expenses of at least three thousand American Dollars, grossly or on a monthly installment basis, per annum during their stay in Nepal, and in the case of their family, that of at least two thousand American Dollars per annum, or on the basis of the submission of a certificate of the exchange of foreign currency equivalent thereto or bank statement equivalent thereto.
3. The study visa shall be granted for one year at a time. In cases the visa has to be granted for a period in excess thereof, the term of the visa may be extended by taking into consideration of the study and research progress report of such person, his activities as well as other necessary matters. Provided, however, that in the case of a researcher or student, such extension of the term shall be only for up to the Period of research or that of educational degree under study.
4. The recommendation of the Ministry of concerned has to be submitted for the study visa.
Fees chargeable while issuing, or extending the validity of the study visa:
A. The business visa shall be granted to the following foreigners and their family on the recommendation of concerned agency:
1. Foreigners having obtained license to make investment in any business or industrial enterprise within Nepal or authorised representatives of such business or industrial enterprise.
2. Foreigners having obtained license to invest to carry on export trade from Nepal.
3. Foreigners visiting Nepal from third country who export goods manufactured in Nepal through purchase or who place a purchase order for export.
B. Except as otherwise provided for in these Rules, the business visa shall be issued for a period not exceeding five years at a time; and its term may be extended as per necessity.
C. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub rule (2), a multiple business visa of five years shall be issued for 90 days at one time for the foreigners pursuant to clause (c) sub rule for stay in Nepal.
Fee to be paid for issuing or renewal of Business visa.
1. Nepalese currency equivalent to ten (10) US Dollars per month, hundred (100) US Dollars annually and three hundred (300) US Dollars for 5 years for multiple entry business visa for the foreigner and their dependents or authorized agent who is investing individually more than ten million Nepalese rupees.
2. Nepalese currency equivalent to thirty (30) US Dollars per month, three hundred (300) US Dollars annually and one thousand (1000) US Dollars for 5 years multiple entry business visa for the foreigner and their dependents or authorized agent who is investing individually ten million Nepalese rupees or less than that.
3. Same amount shall be levied for the foreigner who export goods manufactured in Nepal through purchase or who place a purchase order for export as written in clause (a)
4. Notwithstanding anything written in clause (a) and (b), no fee shall be levied for the foreigner and their dependent or authorized agent who is investing individually hundred million Nepalese rupees and more than that. e. Same amount shall be levied for the foreigner expert and their dependents that come for the purpose of technology transfer as written in clause (b).
Foreigners, who have entered In Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal's Air port to visit another country with plane ticket or Foreigners, traveling in the accidentally force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day.
Fees chargeable while issuing the Transit visa:
Five American Dollars or convertible foreign currency equivalent there to.
Our homepage contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you have any questions regarding trip, please feel free to contact us. We answer all enquiries within 24 hours. If you want to book a trip, you can send us an email or contact us directly by phone: 0977 98510 23742 (Jitendra), 0977 98510 23758 (Thakur).
Two weeks holiday in Nepal with Mission Eco-Trek
My wife and I took a 2 week tour in Nepal with Mission Eco-Trek in Feb 2011 and had a fantastic time. Mission Eco-Trek provided the very highest caliber guides and Ram Kumar (the proprietor) personally made sure that everything went smoothly. When storms caused our original flights to be cancelled and then cancelled for a second time, he graciously accommodated our changes at no extra cost. The cost was reasonable and the services provided were exceptional -even beyond what we had expected from the contract....
Kevin & Jacque
New York, USA